[Pythonmac-SIG] what is wxMacExecute Bad bundle?

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:11:42 CET 2006

hi

I'm working on Firedrop2, a blogging client using wax and wxPython.
I'm developing on OS X 10.4.4.   My problem occurs while starting the
app, long before a GUI is created.  I import several plugins.  The app
was running fine earlier, now suddenly it's choking when I try to
import the last of several plugins (and I haven't changed any code in
any plugins!).    The exact line causing the error is the one with
'exec':
name = OutBox
line = "import %s as mod" % name
exec line

Here's a debug exception statement that is generated:
[Debug] 00:38:53: wxMacExecute Bad bundle:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
[Debug] 00:38:53: pid=10825
[Debug] 00:38:53: Successfully added notification to the runloop
[Debug] 00:38:57: Process ended

So, what's a bad bundle?

thanks