[Pythonmac-SIG] Job postings - allow or not?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Mar 8 18:19:49 CET 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:32 AM, John Clark wrote:

> On 3/7/06 5:22 PM, "Ed Leafe" <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 7, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>
>>> I agree. Unless there'd be a lot of job postings I don't mind.
>>
>> If they were real jobs, listed by real companies, then I don't mind.
>> What I would object to would be recruiters and HR people using the
>> list as a resumé-gathering device.
>>

> I would also say that I would appreciate it if the postings allowed
> were
> significantly Python oriented rather than ones that just say:
>
>     ...and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
>
> (Not that I am not intrigued at the idea of working at Pixar, but I
> don't
> need another place to look for C/C++ programming jobs).
>
> Perhaps this is asking for too much of Jack's time - but if we can't
> moderate the job postings, I would vote for not having them on the
> list.

Pixar does actually use Python (and TCL and probably Perl I guess).
This particular posting also lives on the python.org job board, so
it's passed that level of scrutiny.

Personally I'm far more annoyed by top posters than job postings...
Especially if every other reply in the thread was bottom posted!