[Pythonmac-SIG] indentation problem

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 16:52:34 CET 2006

Jan Erik Moström(e)k dio:
> altern <altern2 at gmail.com> 2006-03-10 11:31:
>
>> It tried to fix the indentation in one but there is something wrong
>> under the hood because then it complains at end of lines, it says the
>> syntax is wrong, and i have to remove the line end, hit return again and
>> save. This for each line in blocks that had indentation wrong.
>
> Without knowing anything about Smultron or PyOxide I would say that one of
> them is saving documents using Windows new line conventions and the other
> Unix (or Mac/Unix).
>
> You can easily write a Python script that fixes this and I think there are
> number of small apps on versiontracker that handles stuff like this (or
> perhaps Smulton/PyOxide can be scripted to do it)

hi jan

After reading your email i have been checking the preferences of both
Smultron and PyOxide trying to find some configuration option.
I also read some old posts on the list about tabs vs spaces regarding
python indentation problems.

Basically looks like the problem lies on that PyOxide does the
indentation with tabs by default. I changed this to spaces
(Preferences/editing/tabs&font), saved the files and now they get opened
ok in Smultron.

but now it is working, i just have to save all files again.

thanks for your tips!