[Pythonmac-SIG] Recurring question - which python should I use?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Mar 14 17:54:57 CET 2006

On Mar 14, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Bill Janssen wrote:

>> If it influences the answers, I am looking to build a cross-platform
>> application that I eventually want to be able to package for easy
>> installation by non-Python savvy users.
>
> I don't see a good alternative to using Apple's version, then.
>
> Or, at least, I don't know how to build a Mac installer that installs
> a complete Python along with the other code it needs.  If there's a
> cookbook way of doing that, I'd be interested, too.

I don't think I understand -- did I miss part of the context of the
question? For a long time I've been building apps with MacPython and
wxPython that run just fine on Mac and Windows, using py2app and
py2exe to build the executables, and packaging the Win version with
InnoSetup and for Mac just making a double-clickable .dmg -- both
dead simple for users (whom I expect to know even less than I do).

Charles