[Pythonmac-SIG] Upgrading to Python 2.4 and handling packages (e.g. Numeric, wxPython, etc.)

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Mar 24 19:28:00 CET 2006

Christopher Barker wrote:

>>> at the shell prompt, all by itself (it's a script) should do it. If
>>> there is a setup.py in the directory you type that in, it should use
>>> it.
>>>
>> Did that.  Python can't find bdist_mpkg .
>
> Python can't find it?, or the shell can't find it? There is a script
> in usr/local/bin called bdist_mpkg and a module that should have been
> installed with Py2App also called bdist_mpkg. If you post your output,
> maybe we can figure out what's wrong with your installation.

Duh.  I tried to run bdist_mpkg in Python.   I just tried it in the
shell and it worked.  Even got the dist folder with the package
installer in it!  It ran on my machine and installed kinds in the
Frameworks/python/..../site-packages folder.  It did not install a new
kinds.pth, but that was already there and maybe with that __init__ stuff
you mentioned it's not needed.  I don't know the latter.

So, generally, it seems to work.  Thanks for guiding me through it.

Now, dumb question.  How do I get it to Bob to put it up on the site (I
assume it will go under Framework build, Tiger 10.4.  I need some more
guidance on this step.  Also I have no web site to point to for an
explanation like the other items have.  I might be able to write one,
but not soon.  Not sure what to do about that.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362