[Pythonmac-SIG] [ann] Appscript Installer 1.3 released

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Mar 25 18:32:36 CET 2006

On 24-mrt-2006, at 1:44, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Bill Janssen wrote:
>>> It is officialy released, even if Bill hasn't updated the download
>>> page at python.org yet.
>
> Are we really ready to call it the "official" version to use? I
> just had
> a colleague try it, then he asked me how to get wxPython and numpy
> working with it.
>
> I don't think there is a wxPython build for it yet (will the one for
> 2.4.1 work?)

wxPython definitely works, I've tested it. That is, if you are on
a PPC box. The existing wxPython binary installer installs a PPC binary,
that won't work with a universal build on intel.

> And he couldn't get numpy to build and install right.

The existing binaries for that should work just fine (again on a PPC
box)

> I didn't try to debug that for him, instead I suggested to just use
> 2.4.1 for a while longer.
>
> If the new universal build is it now, we need to update
> pythonmac.org/packages with some information about what packages will
> work with it, and start building new universal packages!

Feel free to provide univesal packages, and tell us about software that
doesn't work with universal python.

Even a wishlist for packages would be useful. Keep in mind that most
of us have limited time to work on this.

Ronald