[Pythonmac-SIG] python SWIG problem ...

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Mar 26 22:21:18 CEST 2006

--
> If I search the shared libraries (no surprise) it isn't defined ...
>
> $ nm /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
--
> Where else could it be and/or any ideas how to resolve
> avail.  Is there a trick to getting SWIG running on the Mac?
>
> FYI, I'm using a G4 Powerbook, OS X 10.4.5,
>
> $ which python
> /sw/bin/python  (Fink?)

You're using a Fink Python here, but you're looking at the shared
library and headers for the Apple distribution of Python.... you need
to be looking at /sw/include for the header and /sw/lib for the
shared lib, or you need to stop using Fink's Python.  You're probably
using a SWIG that was built for one of them, but using it against the
library/headers of the other.