[Pythonmac-SIG] Marking the pre-built extensions as Intel-capable...

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 28 00:55:29 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> That whole section really needs to be restructured to address the
> common questions and issues people have regarding finding the right
> packages for them.

great idea.

> I think I'd like to turn http://pythonmac.org/
> packages/ into just a launch pad for finding a list of packages for
> the Python that you're interested in.

Do you mean that it wouldn't actually host them for download there?

Please no. I think it is a VERY good idea to have a collection there for
download. Pretty soon, I think we'll be able to call the 2.4.3 Universal
build the "officially recommended" build, and we can have a collection
of packages there for it. I now I'll contribute a few, and I'm sure
others will as well.

One question is: should they be eggs or traditional *.mpkgs?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov