[Pythonmac-SIG] Marking the pre-built extensions as Intel-capable...

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Mar 28 03:13:42 CEST 2006

> > I'd certainly prefer eggs where possible, but transitionally we're
> > definitely going to need *.mpkgs.  Maybe both for now, and/or separate
> > pages for .mpkgs and binary eggs?
>
> What happens if you double-click on a *.egg?
>
> I like that anyone with OS-X can figure out how to install from a *.mpkg

Without any experience with "eggs" (I believe that they are another
Phillip Eby brainstorm?), can I suggest that a standard command-line
way of simply wrapping an egg as an mpkg would be a "good thing to
have"?  That way, contributors could just build eggs, and the website
could serve up either a raw egg or a wrapped egg as an mpkg.

Is there a specification for the "egg" format?

Bill