[Pythonmac-SIG] I don't understand

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sat May 6 21:35:11 CEST 2006

I was playing with appscript and created a script and everything worked just
fine when I ran it from within BBEdit. Then I moved it to its proper place
and tried to use it from the command line, didn't work, it didn't understand
the "import" command (unknown command).

I started to cut down on the code and ended up with
---------------------------------
#!/usr/local/bin/pythonw

print 'hello world'
---------------------------------

> ./test.py
./test.py: line 3: print: command not found

Hmmmmm, I changed to script to
---------------------------------
#!/usr/local/bin/python

print 'hello world'
---------------------------------

> ./test.py
hello world

The first script still works from BBEdit, so I tried launching pythonw from
the command line:

> pythonw
Python 2.4.1 (#2, Mar 31 2005, 00:05:10)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin
>>> print 'Hello world'
Hello world

I don't understand ... what am I missing?
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se