[Pythonmac-SIG] ImportError: cannot import name PostponedException

emma brunskill emma at csail.mit.edu
Mon May 8 17:37:09 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm a newbie to python and a Mac OSX Tiger user. I installed python
2.4.3 using the universal build installer (from python.org/download/mac).
I then installed the mac os X version of numpy
(numpy-0.9.6-py2.3-macosx10.4.dmg)
and then installed SciPy 0.4.8 using
SciPy 0.4.8 for Python 2.4 (.dmg package)

I then start python from the command line and try to do
from scipy import *

to which I get
ImportError: cannot import name PostponedException

Does anyone know what might be going on? This originally all came up
because I was trying to access something from the spline part of python
and it kept giving me "ImportError: No module named spline" when I
tried to use the fullname to reference the function: aka

import scipy
image = scipy.lena().astype(scipy.Float32)
(these both work fine)
then
ck = scipy.signal.cspline2d(image,8.0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'signal'

 I've been looking at lots of mailing lists but am pretty confused--
total beginner at python!

Thanks a lot!