[Pythonmac-SIG] ImportError: cannot import name PostponedException

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue May 9 18:02:32 CEST 2006

> So after several hours of tinkering with different pythons, it now works.

great!

> The things that resulted in things working were using:

> getting the PPC-only version (currently 2.4.1) of python

I wonder if this was necessary. I think PPC-only packages built for
2.4.1 work fine with the Universal 2.4.3 anyway, but there may not be
any advantage for you.

> The numpy version for python 2.4
> Getting g77
> Setting gcc to use version 3.3 (may or may not have been important)

This is important -- at least it was. A while back, SciPy did not build
with gcc + g77 4.*, you had to stick with 3.*

Which brings up a question. Is it possible to build universal binaries
with gcc 3.*? I'd love to see a Universal SciPy package!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov