[Pythonmac-SIG] ImportError: cannot import name PostponedException

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue May 9 20:12:24 CEST 2006

On 9-mei-2006, at 18:02, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Which brings up a question. Is it possible to build universal binaries
> with gcc 3.*? I'd love to see a Universal SciPy package!

I don't know if it is directly possible, but at the very least you
could do the 'build intel binary', 'build ppc binary' and 'glue them
together using lipo' dance that Apple describes in several
documents.   With some luck Apple's gcc 3.* port at
opensource.apple.com already contains the code that allows you to use
multiple -arch flags, that would make building universal binaries
trivial.

BTW. Does gcc 3.* work at all on OSX/intel?

Ronald