[Pythonmac-SIG] Launching Python Scripts?

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Fri May 26 19:13:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get back into python...

I am running version 2.4.3 and I generally use Komodo for
my IDE.

My initial line in my scripts

#!/usr/bin/env python

works fine from the command line or the IDE, however
dragging such a script seems to choke the "PythonLauncher"

If I change the initial line to

#!/user/local/bin/python

Then dragging the script on the launcher works but
a yucky console window appears....

I really would like to be able to launch a script with
the #!/usr/bin/env python initial line by dragging the
file onto a launcher or double clicking the script

Is such a task possible?

If I use the #!/usr/local/bin/python as the initial line
is there a way to suppress the appearance of the console
window?

Thanks,

Jerry