[Pythonmac-SIG] PyObj and XCode 2.3

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Sat May 27 17:39:47 CEST 2006

On May 27, 2006, at 7:51 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 27, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Alex Martelli wrote:
>
>> So a guy on the Italian Mac newsgroup (it.comp.lang.macintosh) went
>> to the trouble of downloading and installing the new XCode 2.3 --
>> almost a GB download!!! -- and now says PyObjC doesn't compile any
>> more (so he's reverted XCode to 2.2.1).  Unfortunately he didn't
>> copy-
>> and-paste the error and I'm reluctant to download a GB just to try
>> and reproduce it (I don't really _need_ 2.3 myself, as it uses the
>> same gcc 4.0.1 as 2.2.1 and I don't use the GUI tools much anyway).
>> Perhaps somebody who needs XCode 2.3 anyway can help find out and fix
>> this issue...?
>
> I'm pretty sure it builds fine here, with trunk anyway.

I'm not sure what version that guy used, I suspect the last released
one.

> Xcode updates never use the same build of gcc, but Apple doesn't
> update the GCC version number until GCC does.
>
> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5250)
> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5332)

Ah, I see - the guy hadn't included the buildnumber.

Since he's now uninstalled 2.3 (regressing to 2.2.1) I guess there's
no real chance to find out the needed details any more.  Ah well, no
big deal, sorry for the false alarm.

Alex