[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting an ugly icon?

Chris Van Bael chris.van.bael at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:07:11 CET 2006

Hi,

Whatever I try, I always get a very ugly icon in my Python program.

What I do:
Open Icon Composer, click on the 128x128 field and open an 180x180 icon.
Let it rescale it and save it as an icns file.
In Preview this icns file looks great.
When I make an app with py2app it's included "--iconfile childsplay.py"
However when I startup my program, it has a very ugly icon file.
In the .app I see that the icns file is included.

I once made the app with an ugly windows icon file, but I remove
everything before I run py2app, so that would seem strange.
And _some_ file is included, but it is really my icon, but very fugly!

Thanks for any help.

Chris