[Pythonmac-SIG] Trouble with appscript install location

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed Nov 15 15:30:52 CET 2006

Michael Toomim wrote:

> Also FWIW the uninstaller readme and script don't mention the
> aeosa/ directory; they assume the files are in site-packages/.

The uninstaller is for removing older appscript versions before
installing the latest one. If you need to remove the current version,
you'll have to do it manually.

> After some more debugging, I think the problem might have been that
> my python2.4 is installed from fink, which has its own site-
> packages directory in /sw.

Yep, the binary installer is intended for the Python.framework build
only. Fink and DarwinPorts/MacPorts do their own thing, so you'll
need to install appscript through those (if they have it) or else by
building it from source [1]. (I've added a note to the installer
readme to make this clearer in future.)

HTH

has

[1] Latest version in svn avoids raising an ImportError if bdist_mpkg
isn't installed:

svn checkout http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/appscript/py-
appscript/trunk

--