[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app iconfile not working?

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Sun Nov 26 19:49:37 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm still trying to bundle my application with py2app.

I've used the img2icns application (version 0.3) to create a icns file
from a png file. However, when I use the "iconfile" option (either by
--iconfile or 'py2app':{"iconfile": ...) the icon does not get applied
to the bundle.

I'm using MacOS X 10.3.9 with Python 2.4 and py2app 0.3.5

I am able to use the "copy and paste" method to put the icon onto the
bundle. I seem to get an icon which looks like a couple of pieces of
paper and pencil/ruler.

Can anyone give me any hints on how to debug this problem?

Tim Ansell