[Pythonmac-SIG] Why Do I Explicitly Need MacPython

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 3 19:33:36 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 07:24:24PM +0200, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> My guess is that it is much more convenient to build a very shallow
> wrapper around easy_install, basicly just a window with a textbox
> where you can enter an easy_install command-line and larger textview
> to show the output of easy_install. Double-clicking on an egg can
> open this window with the right command-line filled in.

Or it could just build a .term file and launch Terminal with it.  That
should be good enough, I think, and you don't have to worry if
something weird happens because there'd be a fully capable terminal
with which the user can interact.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>