[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.4.4c1 is released

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Oct 12 12:03:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

As some of you might have noticed RC 1 of Python 2.4.4 is available
on python.org. For the mac the most important changes are inclusion
of the new icons (the same as in Python 2.5) and having universal
binary support in the official python.org tree (instead of the
python24-fat tree at pythonmac.org).

There is one major omission w.r.t. the python24-fat tree: I haven't
merged the changes to IDLE to the official tree because those changes
were IMO to invasive for a minor release. If you want to use IDLE
you're better of with Python 2.5, that version of IDLE is the best
one available for mac users.

I'd appriate if some of you could test this version, I may have
missed something in the port from the pythonmac tree to the official
tree.

Ronald