[Pythonmac-SIG] Building plugins with py2app

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Oct 12 19:08:23 CEST 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 6:49 AM, Dethe Elza wrote:
[.. description of a problem ...]

> When I try to load the above screensaver I get the console messages:
>
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/Users/delza/Library/Screen Savers/PastelsView.saver/
> Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 7, in ?
>      _disable_linecache()
>    File "/Users/delza/Library/Screen Savers/PastelsView.saver/
> Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 2, in _disable_linecache
>      import linecache
> ImportError: No module named linecache
> 2006-10-11 21:19:00.209 System Preferences[382] PastelsView has
> encountered a fatal error, and will now terminate.
> 2006-10-11 21:19:00.209 System Preferences[382] An uncaught exception
> was raised during execution of the main script:
>
> ImportError: No module named linecache

Could you try again with the latest version of py2app, that is
subversion revision 46. Using 'easy_install py2app==dev' should do
the trick.

I just checked in a patch that fixes the Info.plist template, at
least as far as the PYTHONPATH is concerned. This seems to be enough
to create functional versions of PyObjC's Screensaver examples again,
but I haven't done a full review therefore other issues might remain.

Ronald