[Pythonmac-SIG] how to avoid GUI launcher launching?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sat Oct 21 22:24:31 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'd really like to find a way to stop that annoying GUI launcher
starting up every time folk use appscript in Python 2.4+. It appears
that calls to the GetNextProcess and LaunchApplication functions in
aem.send.PSN are what's triggering it, but it's neither needed
(appscript works fine under python2.3 and ruby without it) nor
welcome (it's intrusive and slows down launching times). What exactly
is the hair-trigger on that thing, and any ideas how I can suppress
it/route around it?

Many thanks,

has
--