[Pythonmac-SIG] SWIG problem -> solved

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Sep 12 08:44:43 CEST 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Torsten Sadowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the hinted problems of wrong version and threads where not the
> cause. Linking
> on OSX is a very diverse subject and I did some trial and error for
> a simple
> example. The final solution was -flat_namespace.

Which may or may not be the right solution. -flat_namespace is often
an indication that you're doing something wrong :-).

The error-message in your original message seems to indicate that
you're linking the extension with python and the wrong one at that.
This causes two python libraries to be loaded, the one used by the
interpreter (which is correctly initialized) and one linked by the
extension (which isn't).

Are the python extension build using distutils? Distutils should do
the right thing automaticly.

Ronald