[Pythonmac-SIG] how to build libpython2.4.dylib

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Sep 14 22:50:48 CEST 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 7:22 PM, ah wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Sorry if this question has been asked before.
> How can I build (or get) libpython2.4.dylib instead of
> libpython2.4.a ?
>
> I am running Mac Os X 10.3.9.

What version of python are you using? That is, the distribution at
python.org, ActiveState's python, DarwinPorts^H^H^H^H^H^HMacPorts or
Fink?

If you have a framework install of python (the binary distribution at
python.org or ActiveState's python) the framework contains a shared
library, but it isn't named libpython2.4.a. It is the Python binary
at the top of the framework, which is where shared libraries should
be in a framework.

Why do you want to know? Do you have some software that requires a
libpython2.4.dylib? If so, which software is that?

Ronald