[Pythonmac-SIG] Why Do I Explicitly Need MacPython

Robert Love rblove at airmail.net
Wed Sep 20 04:10:26 CEST 2006

I see version 2.5 is released today.  I see there is a packaged
version called MacPython.  My question is why do I need it?  Or
rather if I install it, what happens to my existing python that came
with OSX?  I see that by default MacPython installs in /usr/local/bin
but what about the frameworks that came with OSX developer.  Are they
still used?

I'd like a simple explanation of what MacPython does for me and my
existing installation.  I did check the FAQ but didn't see any thing
like this.

Thanks for all info.