[Pythonmac-SIG] not mac related but OLPC

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Mon Apr 2 03:59:18 CEST 2007

Nehemiah Dacres wrote:
> I just wanted to tell you all about the One Laptop per Child Program
> in case any of you are interested in programming on a non mac and
> haven't heard of this yet. It is mostly programmed in python and most
> of the information is at laptop.org

I'm involved with the OLPC project on the game development side. Right
now, the system is using PyGTK for the UI. Annoyingly, PyGTK appears to
be basically nonfunctional on the Mac (if anyone knows otherwise, please
speak up!). So mac-based development for the OLPC isn't real easy right
now.

I'm working on getting SDL and PyGame up on the platform, so at least
then game developers and people who can use SDL for a UI could work on a
Mac.

Anyone who's interested in participating should read wiki.laptop.org,
and feel free to contact me if you're interested in game development for
the platform.

    Kent