[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh modules/Carbon/documentation

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Apr 2 10:21:45 CEST 2007

On  31-Mar-2007, at 19:58 , has wrote:

> Furthermore, this stumbling block has a stumbling block of its own:
> bgen. There's very few folk around who understand it at all, and no
> documentation (AFAIK) for anyone else to make sense of it. Until
> there's some sort of decision made about bgen's future (maintain and
> document it? Replace it completely? Abandon it and maintain existing
> code by hand?), I can't see anyone really wanting to step into that
> tarpit.

I'm committed to bgen, for at least the next couple of years. I'm
also using it to generate a bidirectional C++ bridge for Ambulant
(which is my main project nowadays, and which is one of the things
that makes me spend so little time with development of Python itself).

But unfortunately getting the &*^$ thing in better shape for initial
use is something that keeps slipping:-(
Goldman