[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal build bug - Undefined symbols and pythonmac?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sun Apr 8 22:41:54 CEST 2007

I have been getting the same undefined symbols when linking after
compiling. On a few weeks back I posted on a problem building
mod_python, now its pylucene - same problem. Crazy thing is I build the
same pylucene version just before upgrading to 2.4.4 pythonmac without
these problems.

 From mod_python build:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_fstatvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_lchown referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_statvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
.
make[1]: *** [mod_python.so] Error 1
make: *** [do_dso] Error 2

 From pylucene build:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_fstatvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_lchown referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_statvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
gmake: *** [release/_PyLucene.so] Error 1

I have googled to see what more I can find and there are others with
this issue but maybe it is the fact that folks are doing infrequent
software builds that is leaving this problem under the surface. Does any
one have any suggestions.

All seemed good when I was on the PPC pythonmac at 2.4.3

Regards,
David