[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal build bug - Undefined symbols and pythonmac?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sun Apr 8 23:33:02 CEST 2007

Hi Bob. My apologies. I am using 10.3.9. If you require any further
details, please let me know. I use this mac for development and this is
really not good. I have ordered a copy of 10.4.9 that I hope will be
arriving within the week to try but I am on a PPC.

I scanned the list quickly and noticed another post from someone a while
back.

from Stephan Werner 4/07/06

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_fstatvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_lchown referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem
_statvfs referenced from Python expected to be defined in libSystem

This happens only for the PPC part of my UB application, it seems to
link the i386 part just fine. I am using the 10.3.9 SDK for the PPC
side, 10.4u for i386. Do I need to link against the 10.4u SDK on both
sides? I'd not be too happy about doing that, since I want to make
sure the app runs perfeclty on 10.3.9/PPC.

Googling I see others with posts to different software lists for the
software they are trying to build.

Regards,
David