[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal build bug - Undefined symbols and pythonmac?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 10:22:43 CEST 2007

On 9 Apr, 2007, at 6:59, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that 10.4 would fix this. 10.3.9 isn't really equipped
> to build extensions for a universal Python (it can only build the PPC
> part). It runs them fine, but it can't build stuff properly because
> the Xcode is too old.

You can't build universal binaries on 10.3.9, but I'd expect that you
can build ppc-only extensions on 10.3.9 as long as you don't
explictly link to Python.framework. Adding
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 to environment before linking might
help as well (the symbols that give link errors are weakly linked
which isn't supported on the default deployment target).

Ronald