[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal build bug - Undefined symbols and pythonmac?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Apr 9 16:04:20 CEST 2007

Hi. Many thanks for your reply. I set environment var of
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.3 but no change in situation
unfortunately. I wonder if I should use mac ports version of python in
the short term - it should build on the PPC alright but it does not seem
up to date since I don't see a 2.4.4 available. I don't know what it is
going to do to with Frameworks either and I don't really want a bunch of
side effects on my system when I upgrade to 10.4

I am hoping this will resolve with the os upgrade and that I am not
talking about a new mac right away because I am on PPC - I can't stop
working for a week waiting for this either. I am all of sudden happy I
did not put my money on the greatest G5 PPC hardware - it would have
been a huge mistake. Any other alternatives? BTW, my original reason for
ordering 10.4 had little to do with the ui improvements in 10.4 - in
fact, it was the decision by mac not to release the 1.5 JDK on 10.3. I
see releases for Windows98 - grumble, grumble :-(

Regards,
David