[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app "bus error" on leopard

Stephen Gava smgava at smgava.com
Wed Dec 5 13:48:42 CET 2007

Lo all,

I'm trying to bundle an app using py2app on osx leopard. I'm using the
0.3.6 version of py2app and my app is written and built with the
framework version of python 2.5.2.

When I run my app as a normal script it runs fine, and the wxpython
gui displays and works normally, but when I use py2app to creapte a
bundle it throws a meaningless (to me) error every time I try to
launch the created app, either by using open on the .app bundle or by
running the script inside the bundle directly.

The app tries to start up (a python launcher icon appears in the dock)
but then crashes. If I'm running the script inside the bundle from a
terminal I get "bus error" output to the console when it crashes. If
I'm using open to run the bundle, after it crashes I get the standard
osx crashed app dialog, and the traceback there states:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000038

among other things.

Anyone got any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
Stephen.