[Pythonmac-SIG] vobject

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Dec 6 08:26:43 CET 2007

On 5-Dec-07, at 11:36 PM, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> perhaps you could point your python to the ical callendar store
> place (i forget where this is but its documented at apple
> somewhere ) and edit the ical calendar objects with this. Now you
> can use a well documented, programmatic interface to your ical
> calendars instead of using appscript.

I've read about this before and it's a nice idea, however if I were
writing something for OS X I'd still want to use the application hooks
for iCal, just to be sure I was getting up to date data. AFAIK Apple
makes no guarantees about how often the calendar is flushed to disk.

What would be neat is a bridge that reads the iCalendar using
appscript or something like it, and spits out VObjects (or the same
deal for Address Book cards), and could flush back from VObject to
Apple Address Book. I might consider writing the address book portion
when I get around to coding up an iSync conduit for my obsolete cell
phone.

David