[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app and shared libraries under Leopard

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Tue Dec 18 20:29:27 CET 2007

David Hughes wrote:
>> .....Built using Distutils under Leopard, the library [/Reportlab's
>> _Render.pm]/ is working exactly as intended/expected. However,
>> comparing the .so file produced, it is under half the size of the same
>> built using Tiger [/and it generates an error when it is include in a
>> Py2app build/] ...
> I posted this here about a week ago but there were no responses. Am I
> doing something so incredibly stupid that people are too polite to point
> it out??

The difference in size can probably be attributed to different default
compile/link options, I've seen seen similar 50% differences with wx
libs even on the same machine and same compiler.  Another possibility is
that the smaller one is not a universal binary for some reason.

If the error you are getting is "Unknown load command" then you need to
get a newer version of the macholib package or egg.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman