[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app error with /usr/bin/strip

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Feb 6 07:34:43 CET 2007

On 5 Feb, 2007, at 22:04, altern wrote:

> Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>> On 5 Feb, 2007, at 18:30, Chris Van Bael wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm getting essentially the same error for some time now.
>>> Could anybody please explain what is going wrong here exactly,
>>> because
>>> me and some other people are having the same error and re-installing
>>> py2app doesn't fix the problem.
>>>
>>> See:
>>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2007-January/
>>> 018645.html
>>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2006-October/
>>> 018390.html
>>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2006-October/
>>> 018391.html
>>>
>>> It would be a shame that I cannot provide a universal OS X
>>> version of
>>> our program because of this problem..
>> Could you please try to provide an example that demonstrates te
>> problem? Without such an example there's little chance that I'll
>> look  into this unless I happen to run into this problem myself.
>
> in my computer something as simple as just
>
> while 1: print 'looping'
>
> causes the error when trying to create an app. I also tried with
> some other basic scripts with same results

What are the versions of py2app, macholib, altgraph, modulegraph on
your machine? Likewise for python itself.

Just in case this is important: what version of OSX are you using, is
it an Intel or PPC system and do you have the Developer Tools installed?

Ronald