[Pythonmac-SIG] Question on Python 2.5 and CoreGraphics

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Sun Jan 7 20:04:11 CET 2007

CoreGraphics wrapped by Apple using the built-in Python (Python 2.3
in Tiger).  The binding itself is binary and proprietary, so it can
only be used with the built-in Python.

NodeBox, which appears to be a clone of DrawBot (which was inspired
by Processing, etc.) has a library for CoreImage.

Robert Kern wrote a wrapper for CoreGraphics which is part of Kiva
(http://code.enthought.com/kiva/).  He split it off as a standalone
package, but the URL I have for that no longer works (problems at
Starship Python).  I have a copy of an early version (version 0.0.0)
which I can send you if you like.  I believe it uses Pyrex to build
the extension.

HTH

--Dethe