[Pythonmac-SIG] gmpy update: gmp tests all pass, failure on 14 gmpy tests

Daniel Lord daniel at brightfire.com
Sun Jan 7 05:19:46 CET 2007

I need some guidance here. On first blush it doesn't make sense that
the gmp checks pass but 14 gmpy tests fail.
Is that a problem with the API adaptation or a case of the gmp test
not covering all functionality (not likely in my view)
gmp is properly installed as a universal static binary and 'make
check' passes completely.

But gmpy fails 14 tests:

4 items had failures:
    2 of   4 in gmpy_test_cvr
    1 of  48 in gmpy_test_mpf.__test__.elemop
    4 of  12 in gmpy_test_mpq.__test__.newdiv
    7 of  25 in gmpy_test_rnd.__test__.rand
1072 tests in 34 items.
1058 passed and 14 failed.
***Test Failed*** 14 failures.

I don't know enough about gmpy to venture a guess as to why.
If anybody has any ideas, let me know.otherwise I'll shelve it until
I get some more time to dig more deeply.