[Pythonmac-SIG] PyObjc learning curve from Tkinter background?

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Fri Jan 12 22:15:18 CET 2007

Hi Kevin,

PyObjC has its share of hurdles, but there are some good resources to
get you started.

First, there are example programs in the PyObjC distro which can make
good starting points.

Second, the mapping from Objective-C to Python is very
straightforward (see the PyObjC tutorial), which makes it easy to use
existing Cocoa documentation.

Third, there is a very good reference for Cocoa: AppKiDo (http://
homepage.mac.com/aglee/downloads/).

My sporadic blog may also be helpful, with several examples of PyObjC
projects.

Finally, when I've gotten stuck in some aspect of PyObjC, the
developer's list has been very helpful (https://lists.sourceforge.net/
lists/listinfo/pyobjc-dev).

HTH

--Dethe

What dark passions and ancient evils have been held in check by the
grim totalitarianism of the profit motive?  --Bruce Sterling