[Pythonmac-SIG] Stripping for i386 on G4, bad install of py2app

Chris Van Bael chris.van.bael at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 16:32:31 CET 2007

Hi all,

I want to ask you for some help, for a problem that's coming back to
bite me again.
See: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2006-November/018421.html

Problem is that striping for i386 doesn't succeed on a G4.  Did the
uninstall according to the py2app webpage, but still fails.  I had
this problem on my G4 Mini and I could only resolve it by reinstalling
OS X completely.  Now I have an iBook G4 with the same problem.
Reinstalled OSX completely, but still no success.

If first installed setuptools and py2app with the bootstrap method,
when a build with that failed, I uninstalled it and re-installed it
according to this guide:
http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html#installation

I know of some other people that where also not succesfull in
installing py2app/setuptools.
Is there maybe some problem with the installer?
I do it every time according to the guide and yet most of the time it fails...

Greets,

Chris