[Pythonmac-SIG] Call PyObjC methods from wxPython?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Jul 4 00:38:25 CEST 2007

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I am wondering if it's possible
for me to call some non-windowing Cocoa routines (via PyObjC) from a
wxPython application. Specifically, I am trying to retrieve a file icon
via NSWorkspace for display in a wxPython window; I'm probably going to
filter it through PIL first to convert it into a format readable by
wxPython.

Why not do the whole app in PyObjC? Mainly because wxPython fits my head
better in terms of my prior background (it's fairly easy for me to
translate Tkinter GUI concepts into wxPython--it's a much bigger leap to
nib files).

Any advice is appreciated.

--
Kevin Walzer