[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac oriented Python book (was: no subject)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jul 11 10:04:12 CEST 2007

On Wednesday, July 11, 2007, at 06:03AM, <vmerritt at verizon.net> wrote:
>Actually I am working in:
>Maya 8.5(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7635643)
>and Next Limits Real Flow 4(http://www.nextlimit.com/nlscript/)
>My interest is in accessing the Python scripting functionality within these
>and
>other applications. I am new to Python and programming. I need all the help I
>can get.

I don't know any Mac oriented Python books. My guess is that you don't really need anything mac specific, and there are tons of general Python programming books.  Most O'Reilly books are pretty good, so maybe "Learning Python" could help you (http://www.oreillynet.com/catalog/lpython2/)

DISCLAIMER: I haven't read this book, or any other introductionary python books.

Ronald