[Pythonmac-SIG] Accessing Resource forks

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Sat Jul 14 00:34:24 CEST 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> How should I be doing this -- the docs are sparse, to say the least!
>
> By the way, I might as well tell you the real goal, maybe one of you
> will have a better idea.

RezDet command line utility perhaps?

as in:
[15:30:10] daniello at zeus ~/Pictures
$RezDet f*.jpg
"f3390b9f2ff8e50fb6772ab5bc7c3b2f.jpg":
File "f3390b9f2ff8e50fb6772ab5bc7c3b2f.jpg"; ### RezDet - The
resource fork is empty and uninitialized.

Perhaos use 'commands.getstatusoutput' to run it and search result
string?

It is listed as an MPW tool, but its still there in Tiger--just checked.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/commandref/rezdet.html

Daniel