[Pythonmac-SIG] Accessing Resource forks

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 17 07:10:59 CEST 2007

Nicholas Riley wrote:
> For those Windows apps (not all) that understand multiple streams, you
> refer to them as "filename:streamname",

I never had any idea Windows has "streams" indeed neither did anyone
here. You learn something new every day.

> When doing a search I discovered the "Fork Server Helper" app which
> might be useful to you, as it's designed to convert between resource
> fork storage formats.
>
> <http://www.bresink.de/osx/ForkServerHelper.html>

Yes we'd found that. At first blush, we didn't think it would work for
us, but now it looks like it can -- we're going to give it try. Less fun
than a Python solution, but probably less work.

Thanks for all the tips,

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax