[Pythonmac-SIG] Semi-standalone Qt py2app can't find qt.so

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata at carabos.com
Sat Jul 21 13:19:08 CEST 2007

Doug Anderson (el 2007-07-20 a les 12:05:31 -0700) va dir::

> I'm not sure if it'll help, but I managed to set semi-standalone
> working by doing something like this (I've trimmed my actual usage,
> but I think this is all the important stuff):
>
> PLIST = {\
>             'PyResourcePackages': [
>                 'lib/python2.4',
>                 'lib/python2.4/lib-dynload',
>                 'lib/python2.4/site-packages.zip',
>             ],
>         }
>
> OPTIONS = {
>            'argv_emulation': True,
>            'plist': PLIST,
>            'semi_standalone': True,
>            'use_pythonpath': True,
> }
> [...]

Really nice!  I didn't find proper docs about ``PyResourcePackages``,
but it seems to do the trick.  My list only contains the ``lib-dynload``
path, which seems to be sufficient.

However, running the app still failed in the same way, but complaining
about not finding the ``sip`` module.  Since the ``qt`` module depends
on it and I'm not using the site packages, shouldn't py2app detect this
and automatically include it into the app dir?  Looks to me like some
kind of shortcoming in the dependency detection process in py2app.

Fortunately, this is quite easy to circumvent using the ``includes``
option...

Thanks a lot Doug for the help!

::

	Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/