[Pythonmac-SIG] Semi-standalone Qt py2app can't find qt.so

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 10:00:08 CEST 2007

On 21 Jul, 2007, at 13:19, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer wrote:

> Doug Anderson (el 2007-07-20 a les 12:05:31 -0700) va dir::
>
>> I'm not sure if it'll help, but I managed to set semi-standalone
>> working by doing something like this (I've trimmed my actual usage,
>> but I think this is all the important stuff):
>>
>> PLIST = {\
>>            'PyResourcePackages': [
>>                'lib/python2.4',
>>                'lib/python2.4/lib-dynload',
>>                'lib/python2.4/site-packages.zip',
>>            ],
>>        }
>>
>> OPTIONS = {
>>           'argv_emulation': True,
>>           'plist': PLIST,
>>           'semi_standalone': True,
>>           'use_pythonpath': True,
>> }
>> [...]
>
> Really nice!  I didn't find proper docs about ``PyResourcePackages``,
> but it seems to do the trick.  My list only contains the ``lib-
> dynload``
> path, which seems to be sufficient.
>
> However, running the app still failed in the same way, but complaining
> about not finding the ``sip`` module.  Since the ``qt`` module depends
> on it and I'm not using the site packages, shouldn't py2app detect
> this
> and automatically include it into the app dir?  Looks to me like some
> kind of shortcoming in the dependency detection process in py2app.
>
> Fortunately, this is quite easy to circumvent using the ``includes``
> option...

py2app has a mechanism to do these adjustments automaticly, through
"recipes". I don't use PyQt myself, but would appreciate a patch that
adds a recipe for PyQt. That way py2app will do the right thing
automaticly and your setup.py stays clean.

Recipes are modules in the 'py2app.recipes' package, there are a
number of them in the py2app source distribution.

Ronald