[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL (1.1.6) working with py2app on intel macs?

Dav Clark dav at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 26 06:16:54 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I have a properly working copy of PIL 1.1.6 - I used this generic
recipe:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/UniversalLibrariesAndExtensions

I can load jpegs and see them in preview with im.show().

I installed py2app via easy_install, and also by downloading the tarball
and installing... I see old posts about rebuilding the bootstrap, but no
idea if this is still current, and if so what the bootstrap even _is_,
let alone how to build it.

But when I run an 'app', I still get the ol':

ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

Under Contents/Resources/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/, I see both a
_imaging.so AND a PIL/_imaging.so (among other things).

I am using the system python2.3.

Is anyone successful with this configuration?  Any help would be
appreciated!

Dav Clark