[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL (1.1.6) working with py2app on intel macs?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Jul 26 07:58:48 CEST 2007

On 26 Jul, 2007, at 6:42, Dav Clark wrote:

> OK - last thing...
>
> I figured out that the missing .so files were (at least largely) from
> the standard python lib-dynload directory.  I tried copying the files
> from
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/lib-dynload/*

> Contents/Resources/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/
>
> This also did not work.

That was to be expected. py2app won't copy the Python interpreter or
stdlibrary from /System/Library/Python but will store a reference to
those. That's because /System/Library/Python is part of the system
install and hence present on all macs. Furthermore copying parts of
the system into your application bundle is not quite permitted by the
OSX license.

I haven't had time to look at your problem yet. Does the problem occur
in a small application that just uses PIL to load a JPG image or only
in larger programs?  If the latter, could you supply a project that
reproduces this problem?

Ronald