[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling cx_Oracle

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jul 27 06:01:12 CEST 2007

Ah, Oracle.  Last I checked, the OCI libraries are PPC-only.  You
will not be able link Intel OSX software to them.  Unfortunately,
there seems to be little chance that Oracle will update any of their
software for Intel OSX any time soon, if at all.

On Jul 26, 2007, at 10:36 PM, stv wrote:

> I am trying to compile cx_Oracle for my Intel Mac 10.4.9 / Python
> 2.4.4 installation, but when I import the compile .so file I get
> ImportError: Failure linking new module (Detail below).
>
> I have the Oracle instant client installed, including the SDK package
> for the header files. In order to pacify the compiler warnings, I
> created symbolic links for the two dylibs that ended in 10.1

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy