[Pythonmac-SIG] which fortran for pythonmac.org binaries?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 03:05:42 CEST 2007

Christopher Barker wrote:
> Rob J Goedman wrote:
>> Hope this helps a bit,
>
> not much, but I don't need to get  how R works.
>
> It seems there is still no Fortran compiler for OS-X that build
> universal binary libs -- too bad.

The gfortran binary that Paul pointed you to does make Universal binaries. I
don't know why you think it doesn't. If you want an explicit statement to that
effect:

  http://r.research.att.com/tools/

If you want a demonstration:

[fitpack]$ gfortran -arch i386 -arch ppc -c bispev.f
[fitpack]$ file bispev.o
bispev.o: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
bispev.o (for architecture i386):       Mach-O object i386
bispev.o (for architecture ppc):        Mach-O object ppc

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco