[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Applet Environ problem...

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Mon Jun 25 19:25:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

This weekend I got a MBP and started to transition to the Intel from
PPC.

I use the "Build Applet" tool to make lightweight apps that I can
launch from
the Dock.

Some of my apps use environmental variables to simplify the
environment setup.

On the PPC G4 the applets would pick up the environmental variables
when launched
from the dock. On the Intel side this does not appear to be the case.

If I launch the app from the command line "open -a" the environment
vars will
be picked up.

Is this problem somehow my fault or is this a PythonMac/Intel problem?

Jerry